Sunday, May 10, 2009

Ivy species, or common name?

Years later, on facebook, it was identified as cape ivy, which grows wild in California. Natalie Chalmers was the one who figured it out!



Can anyone identify this ivy?
Since I was a teenager, I've looked for more of the same ivy, to find out what it's name is, but I've never seen any. I never pass an ivy stand in a store without scanning for this ivy. None. I'm hoping someone here can identify it. Each time I visited my older female relatives in the 60's or 70's, they would tell me "Look, here's your ivy." So all those years it was "my ivy," and my memories had all to do with my mother and grandmother.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra: Try looking at this plant. It's called German Ivy and I think it's your ivy

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delairea

    I could be wrong lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delairea I've enlivened that link for others who come by here.

    Mine has never bloomed, so I don't think that's it. But the leaves do look close.


    ReplyDelete